Maybe you’re a student who’d like to do something productive (but fun!) with your holidays. Maybe you’ve got a full time job, but want to indulge in your love of photography. Maybe you’re considering taking the plunge and turning your craft into your career. Whatever the case, a workshop or course at Photoion is probably the way to go. Here’s why:
1) Learn something new and develop the skill set you already have! No matter how much you invest in new lenses, new bodies, and general photography ‘stuff,’ they’re as good as useless if you don’t have the knowledge and experience to make the best of them. Practice makes perfect holds true in this art form – each shot is a learning experience, and learning is always immeasurably enhanced by good teachers and constructive criticism.
2) So you already know you’re passionate about photography, but should you consider taking it further? Committing to studying photography as a degree, or risking it all and starting your own photography business are huge steps. Taking a course or workshop can help you decide if you’d like to keep photography as a fun hobby, or develop it into a career you love.
3) Build your portfolio! If you’re interested in studying for a degree in photography, a portfolio is usually included in the entry requirements. As a professional photographer, clients will want to see what you can do before they hire you, so having a developed and extensive portfolio can ensure that you’re able to snap up potential customers.
4) Meet like-minded people. Creating a network of contacts who may be able to help you out in the future is invaluable. Making friends who have the knowledge and interest to give you critical feedback can be essential in honing your skills. Finding your place in a community (and virtual community) can give you the support you need to take your photos to the next level.
5) Whether you’re a complete beginner, or an advanced photographer, a course or workshop with Photoion is an opportunity to take a deeper look at a delicate craft and an incredible art form. Check out our courses by clicking here