Today we’re looking at a new equipment release from Canon; the Canon EOS 80D.
The EOS 80D is the latest DSLR from Canon and is designed to be a great all-purpose camera that can be used in almost any situation.
The 24.2 megapixel sensor, along with an expanded ISO range, and improved auto focus means that the 80D is more than capable in even the lowest light situations. If you are thinking of using the 80D to capture some images at night, be sure to check out our Moon Photography Tips here.
Canon says the EOS 80D has been designed to be adaptable and be customized to each individual’s needs. This is achieved through an intuitive menu design, as well as a variety of pre-set modes to give you a good starting point for a variety of situations.
The 80D also offers full HD video shooting, with a fully adjustable auto focus and tracking. This, along with 60fps shooting gives you a powerful video tool that should suit everyone other than the most serious of video-makers.
While the EOS 80D might be on the expensive side for newer photographers, it is a camera that promises a long lifespan, and boasts features that will keep it relevant over the coming years. The Canon EOS 80D will be available in stores in March 2016.
Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera’s features include:
- New 45-point all cross-type AF system
- ISO range of 100–16000 (Video ISO range 100–12800) expandable to 25600
- Intelligent Viewfinder with great across viewfinder coverage
- A new 24.2 Megapixel CMOS sensor (APS-C)
- The newest DIGIC 6 processor with super enhanced image quality
- Super improved Dual Pixel automatic focusing for fast, agile autofocus on both video and image
- Built-in Wi-Fi – NFC for fast transfer of images and movies (for mobile devices)
- 1080/60p Full HD video – MP4 format – excellent quality
- Touch Screen 3″ Clear View LCD II monitor with flexible positioning and clear viewing in daylight
Are you excited for new Canon EOS 80D? Let us know in the comments below!