At Photoion Photography School London, we are extremely proud of all our students, both past and present.
Our Photography School Awards were created to honour all the students who have graced us with their presence and taken in a class or two to enhance their skills and grow and develop as photographers.
The awards celebrate the best images that have been captured by our students, with the top 50 all winning a place in the Photoion Student Photography Book.
As the year is drawing to a close, the opportunity window to enter is gradually closing and we are urging anybody who is keen to be in the running for the prize to get their entries in before 30th December or risk not being counted.
The competition is judged by a panel of very experienced and knowledgeable photographers who won’t let any detail go amiss. Each image will be scrutinised closely before the final 50 are selceted. The top three entrants will also win some absolutely fantastic prizes.
1st place: a super wide-angle lens – Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM with a choice of Nikon or Canon mount (or a voucher £400 to spend on any of our 1:1 training sessions)
2nd place: a top of the line tripod – Manfrotto 190XPROB Alu Tripod With 804Rc2 Head
3rd place: a set of landscape filters (Cokin Graduated filter set with adapter rings)
First, second and third place students will also each receive a free copy of the Photoion Photography Award 2013 Book.
Eligibility and how to enter
Entry is free to any current or former Photoion students, and couldn’t be simpler. All that you need to do is select your best images and email them to email@example.com stating “Photoion Photography Award 2013” in the subject line. Please read the entry requirements below carefully before submitting.
Students may enter up to 5 images and applications can be sent in any time between now and the closing date. Photographs must be submitted as an attachment and meet the following criteria:
1. The file name should be in the format: Firstname_Surname_Award_1 (_2, _3, _4, _5 if the case)
2. The image should be in JPEG format, no smaller than 2000 pixels on the widest side (at 72 DPI/PPI)
3. The file must contain all the exit data including the camera settings, the date when it was taken and all other technical details
Competition closes on 30 December 2013 23.59 pm
Ion Paciu, Tatiana Zigar, Ben Quinton, Denise Felkin
Terms and conditions
1. By submitting an image you confirm that:
a. your entry is entirely your own original work and not in breach of any copyright
b. while you retain copyright of your image, you agree that Photoion Photography make use of it in any way it sees fit
2. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
3. If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Photoion Photography™ reserves the right to either offer the prize to the next best entry, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition on Photoion Photography
4. Photoion Photography reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of the competition rules or to withhold a prize if entries do not reach the required standard
5. Photoion Photography will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone
This award offers an excellent opportunity to get your work the recognition that it deserves and to be a part of a fantastic commemorative book, along with other like minded and creative photographers.
It is time to put all that we have taught you into practice and earn your place in this year’s Photography Book. We can’t wait to see the results.
The Photoion Team