Golden Hour Photography Competition
April has come and gone, and the days are getting longer, so it’s time for another Photoion Competition. This time we’re going to be focusing on Golden Hour Photography.
What is “Golden Hour”?
The “Golden Hour” is the period of time just after sunrise, and just before sunset where the sun hangs low in the sky and casts that gorgeous Golden light that is softer than normal daylight.
The Golden Hour is a magical time and can be used to produce images that you just cannot get at any other time of the day.
This competition is going to be harnessing the power of the Golden Hour. Participants are free to choose their subject; they can be landscapes, cityscapes, portraits, or anything else you can think of. The only condition is that the image must be composed during that magical Golden Hour.
The best photo will win £100 gift voucher which can be redeemed against any of our courses and is valid until 31st December 2015
How to enter
Each participant can submit up to 5 images by emailing them to email@example.com stating “Golden hour” in the subject of the email. When submitting your entries, please include your full name, email address, telephone number. Your photographs must be submitted as an attachment and meet the following criteria:
1. The file name should be in the format: Firstname_Surname_Goldenhour_1 (_2 and _3 etc if the case)
2. The image should be in JPEG format, no smaller than 2000 pixels on the widest side (at 72 DPI/PPI)
3. The file must contain all the exit data including the camera settings, the date when it was taken and all other technical details
Deadline and when a decision is made
Competition closes on 31st May 2015 and the winner will be announced on 8th June 2015
Terms and conditions:
1. By submitting an image you confirm that:
a. Your entry is entirely your own original work and not in breach of any copyright.
b. While you retain copyright of your image, you agree that Photoion Photography School may make use of it in any way it sees fit.
2. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. If a winning entrant is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, Photoion Photography™ reserves the right to either offer the prize to the next best entry, or to re-offer the prize in any future competition on PhotoionPhotographySchool.
4. Photoion Photography School reserves the right to disqualify any entry which breaches any of the competition rules or to withhold a prize if entries do not reach the required standard.
5. Photoion Photography will only ever use your personal details for the purposes of administering this competition, and will not publish them or provide them to anyone.
We wish you all the best and look forward to seeing the magical images that you all create!