On day one you will be focusing on Street Photography. You will take to the streets of London to learn about shooting in a Documentary and Street style.
- Learn how to capture moments in time that tell a story
- Learn how to shoot on the move in a variety of environments
The different aspects of Portrait Photography will be the focus of day two. Working with a portrait photographer you’ll develop your own style, whilst practising a range of different techniques.
- Experiment with aperture to capture different emotions in your portraits
- Work with natural and artificial lighting to give your portrait a different feel
- Play with composition and framing to create different images
- Learn how to work with a model to give you the photo you want
For day three you will be looking at Food and Product Photography. You’ll learn how to take impactful and effective images and see how commercial product photography works.
- Use creative set-ups and arrangements for close up product shots
- Use aperture to create interesting backdrops to give texture
- Learn how to light a product with natural and artificial lighting
Learn about the essential skills required for successful Wildlife Photography during day four. In a natural environment, you’ll get a hands-on experience of observing and photographing wild animals.
- Develop your timing skills and work on your ‘decisive moment’
- Use stalking skills for an effective photograph
- Experiment with camera modes: manual and shutter/aperture priority
Having looked at and tried a range of photography styles throughout the week, the last day of the course will look at portfolio building, workflow and some tips on starting/developing your own photography business.
- Learn basic editing principles to enhance your images
- Receive individual critique and feedback from your tutor on selected images
- Gain insights on managing your own photography business and the necessary skills needed for success.